Picnics are cool things, but we end up going to the same places and do the same things.
Here are some different things you can do.
- Combine picnics with nature trails
- Combine picnics with contests
- Theme based picnics for kids – science based, geography based, history based, culture based
- Ensure you carry things that are part of your hobbies along with you – guitar, books, even dancing costume if it is not too bulky!
- Many of us don’t go for picnics because we try to think of picnics as something where we need to travel some distance. Pity. Rather, picnics can be in a park right next to you – it can be made real fun if you organize interesting enough activities. This way of thinking enables you to go for a picnic twice in a month, at almost no expense, only a couple of hours during the weekend, but great fun all the same.
- Take them for a paintball location near you
- Zorb balls?
- Get some guys who do some cool things like magic etc invited to the picnic and conduct a performance
- Frisbee & whiffball
- Karaoke (could even be within the co)
- Going as a team to watch a sport or game
- Board game tournaments
- Check out if there are professional organizers of different picnic events in your city and explore what they have to offer
- A short tour of your city’s less known but interesting spots
Some good links: