Sundays are always the same, aren’t they! We wake up with a lot of hopes of having a relaxed, enjoyable and healthy day, and at the same time ensure that we have prepared ourselves for the week ahead.
But somewhere along, things slip up, and towards the end of day, we are staring at another week, ill-prepared and no more healthy and fresh than what we were end of Friday.
How can we avoid this situation? How can we make our Sundays both fun and productive?
Some effective things to make your Sunday both relaxed and productive!
- Clean out your purse and bag. This one certainly is for me!
- This is something you all do, all the same the list cannot be complete without it: Go shopping for the entire week
- Prepare Monday morning breakfast – a great start to the week could mean a very productive week. So why not do a bit of advance work for Monday and have your breakfast prepared the evening before?
- Write your specific to-do list for Monday and the key things to accomplish for the the entire week
- Go outside, walk outside, swim outside, whatever, but be outside at least for 30 minutes! If you have a local park not far off, make sure you visit it!
- Catch up with your past time or hobby
- Play community sports – a great idea to get into shape and at the same time socialize with friends and neighbours.
- Do gardening – if you have a garden, even a small one, use Sundays to do some gardening. Healthy. Makes you feel fresh and relaxing, being among plants. And you make you garden and house look better along the way!
- Check out your community calendar online or better yet, visit your locality’s community center
- Do volunteer work – a very useful idea for those who strive to do something for the community. And if the volunteer work includes physical activity, you get some good health too in the bargain. One useful volunteer work you can do for your community is a Neighbourhood Cleanup program.
- Write a blog post – if you have the writer in you, spend a relaxed half hour blogging on something you like. Relaxing and at the same time makes you feel really, really positive.
- Draw/sketch – go wild for an hour on this if you like it
- Play games with children – even something as basic as hide and seek could be great fun, even for adults. I am telling you, just try it
- Read a book from a genre you like, at least for 30 minutes
- Learn to juggle – you can do it on your own, all you need are 2-3 tennis balls or plastic balls or any sphere that is of tennis ball size and is light! This is a great way to relax while at the same time get some physical activity into your schedule!
- Do light dancing while listening to music – most of us spend at least a part of the Sunday listening to music, why not combine a light dance along with it. The overall entertainment is much higher, and you get some exercise in your bag without even knowing it.
- When you are relaxed and can think in a clear manner, put down a To-do list for the week that includes the important things to be done for both your work and personal life. The 15 minutes you spend on this alone can make a dramatic difference to your entire week.
- Throw a BYOE (bring your own everything) party to your friends, family members and neighbours.
- Pretend you are a tourist in your own community – and roam around your community and neighbourhood with “new” eyes.
- Visit the local library
- Take a free online class for your personal or professional interests
- Help someone in need – for instance, you could visit a local nursing home and engage with the residents
- Visit arts and crafts stores in your / near your home.
- Send emails or mobile messages to people you have not interacted in a while!
- Visit an old friend or family member – especially someone you have not visited in months!
- Identify useful training for your life and attend classes for these – an example is a course on first-aid.