Every one of us wishes to relax once in a while, or, if your work is of the stressful variety, quite often.
While almost all of us have some default way of relaxing, it will be good to have a list of other ideas to relax, wouldn’t it?
Here you go. What others ways can you relax (most points are written for relaxation while at work)
- Relax with your head on a cushion or pillow
- Do deep breathing
- Do creative visualizations – essentially day dreaming about something great, but let it be just for 3-5 minutes please
- Just sit in a calm place and close your eyes. Continue doing this for 3 minutes. That is it.
- Give yourself a hand massage
- Try giving yourself acupressure
- Squeeze a stress ball
- Go out and walk for 10 minutes
- Get organized – declutter your table
- 10 minute yoga
- Simple, light stretching exercises
- Do light stationary running (running while at one place, yes it is possible)
- Listen to your favourite song, but if you are at your workplace, finish this and get back to work after a song or two!
- Smell soothing scents – you can buy some really soothing scents for a small price and keep them near you or at a place that you can reach quickly
- Smile and laugh to yourself – it is all right if the folks around you feel that they have a zany bloke around them
- Look at some inspiring photos or view some inspiring videos on YouTube (I will soon try collecting a list of these for you)
- Just look out the window for a couple of minutes
- Open the windows (if they are not already open) and let in fresh air
- Listen to a comedy show on TV or YouTube – there is nothing to relax you like laughter.
- Well, take a short nap. That simple!
- Play some light sports/games
- Doodle or sketch with color crayons or if you don’t have them, with a plain pencil on paper
- Brush up on your hobby or passion
And here’s a good video on the topic of how to relax